Thursday 8 July 2010

Sister

This is the final wordbook that I have been asked to make and it fits with the Lexi's Creations Challenge which is:

Layers

I've used papers from Funky Daze from Funky Hand and I've made the letters using word art and then layered them onto the card.

To hold the layers together, I've used 5 silver jump rings as I was becoming limited for space otherwise the card would not have fitted into the envelope! Scraps of ribbon have been used to tie around the jump rings and I've added three dragonfly brads that I have had for years and not really used, but the colours were a perfect match!

The smaller flower is a Prima one which I have coloured with Promarkers and it is layered onto a random one I found in my stash. Added seed beads to some of the letters plus I made the hat pin.

These word books are really easy to make even if you decide to make them from scratch!

  • Backing papers: Funky Daze from Funky Hand
  • Everything else: From my stash

2 comments:

  1. This looks fab Ruth. You are right the dragonflys go perfectly. Funny how you buy things and never use them..& then they suddenly are perfect years later!!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous creation, and perfect for our 3d challenge, wish I had one for my sister! Thanks for joining Lexi's Creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!