Friday 16 July 2010

Simple Doodles Challenge 22 - Sketch

Welcome to another Simple Doodles Challenge! This time it's a sketch:
And here is my sample! I've used a Simple Doodles image and coloured it with Promarkers. The backing paper is DCWV Text Print 6x6 stack which I bought ages ago (it was half price!) but hadn't even used it! I've inked the edges after adding it to the card blank.

I've used a Nestabilities die to cut the shape behind the turtle and added ribbon from my stash.

The snaps are WRMemory Keepers and because the card blank is not thick enough, and I didn't add a shim behind, they spin round. Which is obviously intentional!

The lettering is cut using my Baby Face Cuttlebug alphabet set. I've added a wobbly eye to the turtle - the boys helped me decide which size was best. He did at one point look slightly scary with a huge eye!

Good luck in entering the challenge! Pop over to the challenge blog for more details and how to enter, you have until Thursday 29 July to enter!

  • Backing paper: DCWV Text Print 6x6 stack
  • Image: Simple Doodles, coloured with Promarkers
  • Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet
  • Snaps: WRMemory Keepers
  • Ribbon: My stash

2 comments:

  1. goodness this is too cute!! love the turtle and how the snaps spin :) fantastic take on the sketch!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name in the corner! Cool idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!