Friday 18 September 2009

Tutorial - Make Your Own Flowers - part 1

Here is a tutorial on how to make some flowers - there is another tutorial on how to make some different flowers just after this post. Both tutorials will suit both experienced and novice crafter so no matter how confident you feel, you can give it a go!

To make these flowers you will need: scissors, pencil, compass and glue. These flowers took me around 30 minutes to make which included adding them onto a card.

I printed two papers from the Candy Doodles cd but printed them as A5 size and double sided onto 100gsm glossy white paper.

I then drew 3 different sizes of circles using the compass - 3 on the blue paper and 3 on the green.

I then randomly snipped pointed petal shapes around the edges of each circle.

I then cut a little deeper into the centre of the flower so I would be able to curl and ruffle the petals.

From the left over scraps, I cut some thin strips and then curled them using the scissors


I then ruffled the petals to make them 3d and also layered the flowers - smallest in the centre and then alternative colours.

I added the curled strips to the centre of one of the flowers

I added them to a card. The coloured panels were cut from the remains of the paper and I doodle stitched around the edges.

The sentiment is also from Candy Doodles.

4 comments:

  1. Oooo more beautiful flowers, love them, thanks for the tutorial
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flower wonderfull, congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this wondelful tutorial! I've linken it on my blog.
    Eleonora, an italian girl in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!