Monday 28 September 2009

Big Bloom

The current Stampin' Chic challenge is a sketch:

Which I've followed almost exactly! This is once of the other cards that have been ordered for my Mum's Birthday at the weekend. I've used papers from The Big One - I stuck the two dotty sheets back to back and then cut 4 different sized circles from them. Snipped V's from around the edge and then cut deeper towards the centre where the corner of the V was. I then ruffled the petals and layered everything up. The centre of the flower is a black button with card candy centre.


The black grosgrain ribbon is from my stash (it was 10p a bundle from Blackburn Market a while ago!) And the sentiment is from the Just For Men stamping set.

The petals are actually quite stiff so it should stand up to a bit of bashing! Oh - look closely at the centre of the card - you can see me taking the photo!
  • Flowers: Papers from The Big One
  • Card candy: Craftwork Cards
  • Ribbon: From my stash
  • Sentiment: For Men stamping set

3 comments:

  1. Wow Ruth! this flower looks so stunning against the white card...:)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this big bloom! It looks superb! The whole card looks great.

    Hugs,
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! This is AMAZING, and such a great way to interpret the sketch. Thanks for joining the fun over on the Stampin' Chic blog. Love, Clare x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!