Friday 4 September 2009

Polkadoodle Challenge 16 - Spots & Stripes

It's Friday again and we are already upto week 16 on the Polkadoodles challenges! And for the duration of September, I am setting the challenges. Yes, Nikky has let me loose!


So, I set the Design Team a challenge of


Spots and Stripes


And they could use any of the Polkadoodle cd's or downloads to interpret the theme. Pop over to the challenge blog to see what the DT made!


I've used the Halloween download - purely because I liked the grungy feel to the papers and also because I had the brainwave of using spiders for the spots!


I printed the papers off at A5 size so I retained the text and roughly tore the strips, inked the edges and added them to the front of the card. I've added a doodled line around the edge of the card and the sentiment as well as the usual inking.


I made the spiders from fimo - really easy to make - a squashed ball for the body and then I rolled some thin strips to make legs and then added them to the top of the body by squishing the middle down. Then after I'd baked them in the oven (closest I ever get to cooking!) I added the wobbly eyes.


I hope you can join in with my challenge - click here for more details. You have until 12noon on Sunday 13 September to enter - so what are you waiting for?!

For the remainder of September, the challenges that I am setting will be accompanied by a little tutorial on how I made my item, so watch out for those! You may see a little helper that I acquired during the making of one of the tutorials!

  • All paperbased elements: Halloween download from Polkadoodles
  • Spiders: Made by me from Fimo


8 comments:

  1. oooh I feel a shopping spree coming on for that download!
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super grungy spooky card Ruth, you did a great job writing the challenge post too...
    luv
    En x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, great card!!!!!!!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats fantastic...love it!
    Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this and those spiders are inspired! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those spiders! Fab card Ruth :)
    Hopefully jacob's card will arrive today....fingers crossed!!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card - your spiders are FAB!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!