Friday 23 July 2010

Altered!

A fab challenge over on Incy Wincy this week and it is to:

Alter It!

I altered this boring tin of twine a while ago in preparation for the launch of the Colour Me Happy cd by Funky Hand. All the paperbased elements you see are from the cd and I've laminated the name plate on the front of the tin then added the wording (otherwise it would not go through!)

I've used my Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet die set for the lettering and have coloured the name plate with Promarkers.


The ribbons are from my stash and I've used a Nesties die to draw around to make the band around the centre.

A bit of inking and it's completed! I bought the tin of twine from Poundland - similar item in Sainsburys was nearly 4 times the price! I think next time I'm in Poundland, if they have any more I'll get some to alter for Christmas presents!
  • Papers and name plate: Colour Me Happy from Funky Hand, coloured with Promarkers
  • Tin: Poundland
  • Ribbons: My stash
  • Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities and Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet set

2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing transformation - must get off to my local pound shop!

    Love the colours you have used and it is such a good idea for a gift!

    Thanks for joining us over at Incy Wincy this week.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous :)

    Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy :)

    Winners are revealed in a few hours :)

    Heather
    my blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!