Saturday 24 July 2010

Summer Bookmarks

The Dotties World challenge is one with a twist! The theme is:

That Summer Feeling

But to make something different to what you would normally make. I've been thinking about making more bookmarks, so this was an ideal opportunity!

I've used three different collections of Charmed images to make the bookmarks and coloured them all with Promarkers.

Around the edges of three of them, I've dotted a fine black line, but all have been inked with a colour and then black too.

The reverse papers are from Funky Daze from Funky Hand - I printed them off at A5 size for a smaller pattern, used a prit stick to add the two sides together and then laminated them.

All five bookmarks used one sheet of laminating plastic and then I cut round them to give a better shape (as they went in the laminator not quite straight!)

Because the images are quite small, they were quick to colour. Not sure which one is my favourite as I like them all!

  • Backing papers: Funky Daze from Funky Hand
  • Images: All Charmed Cards and Crafts downloads, coloured with Promarkers then laminated

4 comments:

  1. What a fab idea - I always buy bookmarkers and they always end up getting lost! have never thought about making them. I couldn't pick a favorite one either they are all lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them all too. Super idea!! Thank you for playing along with us this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I don't think I could choose a fave either but I do love the grass cutting one a lot! Thank you for playing along with the DW challenge, good luck with the prize draw, the winner will be announced tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them Ruth and what cute images!!

    Alison :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!