Monday 26 July 2010

New Baby Zig Zag Card

I was asked to make a baby card as the baby, when it arrives, will be their first Grandchild! So no pressure on me! The baby is due any time now and it's this couple who are expecting!

The current ABC challenge is up to letter Z and it is for a:

Zig Zag Card

So here is my zig zag card! Made using almost a full sheet of A4 card, scored to create mountain and valley folds with white vellum overlay that has been embossed with the D'vine Swirls embossing folder.

I've used papers from It's Funky Too and used word art to create the letters and then cut them out. They've been added with foam pads to create a slightly raised look.

All the little die cut embellishments are from the Sizzix Sizzlets baby set with exception to the bundle of joy tag and that came from my stash box.

The flowers are Prima and I've layered them and added a pearl headed brad to the centre. I didn't have enough eyelets in the right colour so I've just left the holes as they are - so it's more natural looking.

The ribbon is from my stash. And I now need some more of this colour and width!

I'm checking my phone for a text every few hours, just in case the baby has arrived! Mind you, I've yet to make a card for it, but think I may wait until I know what it is!!
  • Backing papers: It's Funky Too from Funky Hand
  • Dies: Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls embossing folder, Sizzix Sizzlets die cuts
  • Everything else: My stash

3 comments:

  1. Wonderfull congrats.Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card, Ruth! the details are divine!!

    Alison :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Ruth, I'm sure they will love it - so elegant. Thanks for joining us at ABC.
    Hugs, Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!