Wednesday 22 April 2009

Nope, It's Not A Frog!

I made the mistake of asking Jacob if he liked the card I had made for the Daring Cardmaker Challenge. He said it looked like a froggy. So I pointed out to him that it was an alien, standing on our world with a rocket in the background. I don't think he believed me though!

The challenge is:

Games and toys for boys

And I must admit that this was totally influenced by Jozza's flying alien card! The alien is a die cut from my stash, which I have chalked and added wobbly eyes. I made the world myself from some offcuts of card, also chalked. The rocket is a Sizzlets diecut, cut twice from two different types of gold card, layered and then I've handcut the flames. The little windows I've glitter glued with silver but it doesn't show up too well.

I've embossed the black card with Swiss Dots and lightly ran a silver inkpad over it. Until I dropped it in the middle, but fortunately you can't really see the mistake!

  • Alien die cut: From my stash
  • Dies: Sizzlets spaceship
  • Embossing folder: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth, love the card, hope you are having a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is super cute Ruth and hey Jacob isn't too far out...it could be a frog from Mars...Hugs Kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a brilliant card. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jacob. It's a frog :) But still wonderful card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!