Friday 24 April 2009

Pink Cat & Spotty Paper

This is a new challenge for me which I found whilst blog hopping - Sketch Saturday - and here is the sketch:


I've flipped it round as I really wanted to use the Inka image (sent to me by Anice in a recent Funky Hand DT image swop!) I've coloured it with watercolour pencils to match the paper (I think is Naughty but Nice Christmas paper from Dovecraft) and the ribbons and buttons.

And I know that cats aren't really that colour, but its nice to have a change every now and again!

The buttons I made from fimo and pushed seed beads in before they were baked - the ribbons were tied through the holes for extra detail. Not too sure why the doodled line looks wonky on the photo - it isn't in real life!



  • Backing paper: Naughty But Nice Christmas papers by Dovecraft
  • Image: Inka stamps, coloured with watercolour pencils
  • Ribbons: From my stash
  • Buttons: Made by me

5 comments:

  1. How clever are you making your own buttons. I am in awe (I have managed to burn fimo...) and i think that cat looks cute in pink - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that cat looks fabulous in pink and I do like those buttons - still saving mine until I find the perfect project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card. Really like your buttons, are they made with fimo?

    Funny I printed that sketch out, looked at it last night, but I hadnt put a date for when the challenge had to be in so I didnt use it in the end. Good luck in the challenge.

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card. Really like your buttons, are they made with fimo?

    Funny I printed that sketch out, looked at it last night, but I hadnt put a date for when the challenge had to be in so I didnt use it in the end. Good luck in the challenge.

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is gorrrgeous....and who says cats can't be pink...loving the buttons...which reminds me...I am lucky enough to have some of those babies...thanks for that...Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!