Thursday 23 April 2009

A Blue Dog

It's been a while since I managed a Penny Black challenge, but as I like a sketch, I was determined to do this one! Plus I had coloured the image a while ago and needed to use it!




Apologies for the slightly lopsided photo - I blame trying to get the table set for tea and try and take a photo of my card before the light went and stopping the boys from arguing - who says I can't multi task?!


Anyway, the blue backing card is all from my stash - the darker is a lovely slightly textured card but does not show up in the photo. The star printed paper is from Funky Daze.




I've double inked all the edges - in black and also dark blue just to take a bit of the blackness away. The image has been coloured with watercolour paints and from what I remember it only took me a few minutes.

The sentiment is my little Studio G alphabet stamp.

I liked this sketch and will probably use it again.


  • Star backing paper: Funky Daze, everything else from my stash
  • Image: Watercoloured and from Jozza
  • Sentiment: Studio G mini alphabet set

5 comments:

  1. oh this is so cute Ruth...love the starry paper and your adorable pupster...great take on the challenge and thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSc
    Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card hun - great take on the sketch. Love the colours you have used
    Thanks for joining us on PBSC
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colouring looks as if it took forever, love that little pup.
    hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cute, love the colours and stary papers.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
    Hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Ruth - love the doggie! Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!