Sunday 26 April 2009

Turquoise and Yellow

The Stampin' Chic challenge this week is a colour combination:

Turquoise and Yellow
These are not colours that readily spring to mind for me to use, however after a quick look through The Big One paper stack (it is slowly getting used!) I found a set of turquoise based papers and picked this one. The stamp is a first time used Inkadinkado which I bought a few weeks ago as I think that most of my work colleagues, friends and nursery staff are expecting (more reveal themselves almost on a daily basis - I'll be thinking I'll need to join in if I'm not careful!) I do like this stamp and will be using it more!

In fact, I also like the colour combination - the yellow layered card I found in my stash box thingy (I put all my one tone off-cuts in one and another one has all my patterned off-cuts - very organised!) I've coloured it with watercolour pencils.


The flowers and button are from Jozza - the flowers are actually held together by a giant brad with the button (and some ric rac ribbon) stuck to the top. I have (badly) inked the flowers in an attempt to tone them down so that's why they look a little grotty!

  • Backing paper: The Big One - Clare Curd Signature Range
  • Image: Inkadinkado
  • Flowers & button: From Jozza
  • Everything else: My stash

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous card for the colour challenge....loving the image and that funky flower....thanks for joining in the fun this week at Stampin Chic
    Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your card, its stunning, the layout and papers are fab , i love the image too :), thanks for joining us at stampin chic this week :)

    xx

    Martine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!