Wednesday 8 April 2009

Sparkling Stampin' Up!

There is a new blog challenge site - this one is for Stampin' Up stampers! And their first challenge is a sketch:



I was lucky enough to be sent a few stamped images from Jan who has just started out as a Stampin' Up demonstrator and I've used one of them on this sketch!

The backing papers are all from the same collection on Funky Daze and I've inked the edges with bright pink ink and then the trusty virtually worn out black! The grosgrain ribbon is from my stash and I added the bow on afterwards (I use a bow maker - so much easier than trying to get the front knot flat and straight!)

I've used a compass to make the shape on the image, which has also been inked and coloured with watercolour pencils and glitter glue.


I think I'll add a sparkly '21' to it too as Jacob's key worker at nursery, Rachel, is 21 on Saturday. And she likes a bit of bling! Oh to be 21 again eh?! I do tell her that I am old enough to be her mother which she thinks is hilarious as I don't feel old enough.. if you see what I mean!

  • Backing papers: Funky Daze from Funky Hand
  • Image: Stampin' Up from Jan
  • Ribbon: From my stash

5 comments:

  1. Great card Ruth, I love the papers, I don't have Funky Daze (yet!!), but working on it. The image is fab too ;-)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantabulous papers, lovley card too ;0)

    ADxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card i love your dazzling icing, thank you for playing along Hugs Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colours on this card. reminds me of Allsorts.souch a yummy card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!