Saturday 11 April 2009

Funky Thirty

The challenge on the Cupcake Challenge blog this week is:

Folds
As I am trying to be organised and make the cards that I need for Birthdays etc in advance, I realised that I could combine the card I need to make for a friends 30th Birthday later in the month. I really enjoy making word books and I do like Funky Daze - so what better than to combine the two and get the challenge done?!

All the papers are from Funky Daze - I've just used three of them from the same collection for the pages, and another 2 for the letters. The letters I've printed using wordart (select the template which only has a border for the letters and then mess around with the font and size) and then layered them onto a darker background as they were a bit lost on the actual pages.


And then I've added ribbons here and there - either tied on or stapled for a different effect. It actually was quite quick to make once I got going.

And if you like word books, look out for a brand new cd release from Funky Hand at the end of the month - it is all word books and as part of the Design Team, I get to have a play - and the collections are all very fab - I do have my favourites - but not telling - you will have to wait and see!!

So, Happy Birthday Hayley when it arrives - you'll be 30 then?!

  • Backing papers: All from Funky Daze
  • Ribbons: From my stash

11 comments:

  1. HOw fun!! I love the papers you used!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great book and fab papers. Thanks for taking part in this weeks CCC!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep that'll be me come January :( lovely card, the folds work really well. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this has turned out fabby! I hope Hayley loves her card..and has a very happy birthday.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great word book!! :) Thanks for joining us at CCC :)

    Ida

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a lovely Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic job on this one! Thanks for playing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic, i love this design, thanks for joining us this time at ccc, have a great sunday hugs Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book is gorgeous, a great idea. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful project. I bet it took a while to complete. I love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining the CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!