Tuesday 7 April 2009

DIY Flowers

The challenge this week on Stampin' Chic is a technique one:

DIY Flowers
Sort of been a bit lazy this week with this challenge! However, I've used some of my very new stash - the clear doodles stamps and the huge big one paper stack. And Clare Curd, if you read this post, you need to put a health warning on these paper stacks - my goodness they are huge! And it weighs a ton! Not that I am complaining - the 200 sheet stack is a bargain as it works out at around 7.5 p each for a 12 x 12 sheet!

Anyway, I liked the black swirls on white so decided to go with that for the background - its been layered onto some very hot pink card from the scrap store - the flowers have been stamped onto it too.



As luck would have it, I had some perfectly matching satin pink ribbon in my stash! I've cut round the stamped flowers and layered some of them. I've attached the heads to thick crafting wire and then shaped the ends.


  • Backing paper: CCSR 12 x 12 paper stack - pink from my stash
  • Stamps: CCSR doodles
  • Ribbon: From my stash


    Updated: The flowers are attached to the card with ribbon - the flowers are tied together - simple!

8 comments:

  1. gorgeous card hun..so love what you've done to the flowers..by putting them on wires...so love the colour combo
    TFS clarex

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is fabulous Ruth....love the black and white and that hot pink...and yes the pad is well named The Big One and weighs a ton.....thanks for joining in the fun this week at Stampin Chic
    Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards love the colours love the flowers love the wire in fact I love it all !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, I love this! Great colors and those flowers are fabulous!!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally scrumptious Ruth. Lurve it.
    hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card. Very nice colours. How you attach flowers to the card?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great DIY flowers Ruth love them springing on the wires, you've done a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week ♥ HuGs Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha about the paper weighing a ton, I like to think that you get fit whilst crafting! Love wire on a card, and what a great use of it ion this card. Love the colour combo too. Thanks for joining in the fun over on the Stampin'Chic blog. Love, Clare x ps sorry for my late comment, I was away last week. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!