Monday 15 August 2011

Sailing

I'd been asked to make a special 60th Birthday card for a bloke who likes sailing. So here we are! I must say that Rainbow Studios saved the day with this wonderful acrylic stamp which I've used Aquamarkers to colour and I've added a faux stitch around the edge of the image.


It's the first time I've made a shutter card too and it took me a while to work out the dimensions so I got the best use of a sheet of A4 card. I didn't quite get the measurements quite right so the card doesn't actually fold flat (I'll blame the embellishments!) so I'll make a box for it to go in.

All the papers are from an unavailable (sorry!) paper collection from Funky Hand called Boys and Girls and it really is a fab set of papers! I've added buttons from my stash, tied them with button twine from The Ribbon Girl, a computer generated sentiment and a sliver anchor charm which I've just noticed, has spun round on the photos!

I've made a layered oval tag for the message to be written on and it will hang over the back of the card when its packed into the box.

Quite pleased with how its turned out!

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Jen's Digi Stamps: Non Standard Folds
Karen's Doodles: Fancy Folds
Opus Gluei: By The Sea
Pile It On: Three Different Shades of Blue
Sentimental Sundays: Shaped Card
4 Crafty Chicks: Twine
Digi Doodles Shops Best: Shaped Card
Stampin' B's: Clouds
By The Cute and Girly: The Sea

  • Image: Rainbow Studios, coloured with Aquamarkers
  • Papers: Funky Hand
  • Dies: Sizzix Oval Tag
  • Button twine: The Ribbon Girl
  • Everything else: My stash

26 comments:

  1. Love it, Love it Love it!!!!
    Thank you for letting us know you had done this - it's simply gorgeous.

    Rachel and Angela
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely shutter card your one up on me.....lovely papers and colours
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love it .. fab paper to go with the image
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is an absolutely yummy creation. Love how you used the twine on your design. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful idea with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't know how you fit everything in. You don't have one of the red and blue suits do you?

    Fabby projects as always
    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Rurh - this is some card! I love it. The papers are awesome and that stamp is great too. The birthday 'boy' is really going to be blown away with it.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your creativity - this is a gorgeous shutter card! Great image and the colors of the paper are wonderful, the birthday boy is going to LOVE it!

    You're also a lady after my own heart to not fret that it won't lie flat, but instead, decide to use a box for it! (hear hear, make it work!)

    Thank you for finding our challenge over at Opus Gluei and playing along with us, I hope you find your way back again for more challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh love your gorgeous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Ruth, I love the papers and the buttons threaded with twine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wheww, I am blown away by this awesome creation. How cool is this? I love tri-fold cards, and then you made it a dimensional tri-fold. The paper, and image are such a great match.

    You are awesome!

    Thank you for playing along with us Opus Gluei gals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smashing card, perfect for our fancy folds challenge over on Karen's Doodles.
    Love those papers, what a pity they're no longer available as they're perfect for male themed cards. Gorgeous images, beautifully coloured and great use of embellies too.
    Thanks for playing along this week
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a GORGEOUS card!! Love the DP!!

    Thanks for joining us at Karen`s Doodles.

    Hugs Tine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card. Great image and fab shape.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing shape, I love it,thank you for joining us at The Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow fantastic design, love the papers and image you've used. Thanks for joining in the Digi Doodle Shop Challenge. Hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your shutter card and the sail boat is fabulous! Very striking card! Thanks for sharing your creativity at Pile it On this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love shutter cards! I know they are a bit fiddly but I have created card templates for the matted layers so I don't have to keep working out there sizes for each new card. Once I've scored and cut the base card it comes together relatively quickly, certainly much faster than the first one I made!
    Yours is a lovely sailing card!
    Thank you for joining in with Opus Gluei.
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never seen it's equal! Talk about a great shape! Really terrific for our challenge at Sentimental Sundays this week! Be sure to come back and join us again tomorrow because we have a terrific new challenge!
    Hugs,
    Tammy Louise

    You're invited to join in on my blogversary candy if you collect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW this is awesome:-) I love the sailing boat and the folds!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sentimental Sunday's

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card. Great design, papers, & embellishments. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant design and colours. I'm sure he loved it.
    Thank you for entering the BTC&G "Sea" challenge.
    Geraldine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous, love the papers and your embellishments - Thanks for joining us at Jens Digi Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a great card. :) I need to try to make one of these card. TFS
    Amanda
    http://craftsbyamanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for taking part in our challenge this week over at Jen's Digi Stamps. We hope you will join us again.
    Michelle
    http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!