Tuesday 23 August 2011

Bee-lated

Sometimes I see a sketch and it catches my eye but I don't know what to do with it. I then have a think. Sometimes for a few days. And then inspiration strikes! Twice!
These cards are for the Willow Sketchie challenge which is a sketch:


Plus a recipe of: Sparkle / Shimmer, Floral and Yellow

I'd say I've covered all the requirements! I've used papers from my box of oddments so I couldn't tell you where they were from except that they are digital. The stamp is from the now no longer Digi Sparkle and I've coloured him with Promarkers, added some stickles to the wings and also around the edge of the image.


The flowers I found in my stash and I've added black card candy to the centre. I've used my Nesties dies to draw around for the shapes as square would not have looked right, plus more card candy and ribbon from my stash.

I've inked the edges and added a faux stitch around the main backing paper to stop everything 'falling off the edge'.

I am useless at remembering Birthdays. Actually, I remember them about a week before and then forget so my cards are always late! So these will come in handy!

I'd also like to enter the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion: Funny Sentiment
Hooked On Crafts: Things With Wings
One Stitch At A Time: Bling It Up
Sentimental Sundays: Birthday
  • Papers: From my stash and don't know originator
  • Image: Digi Sparkle, coloured with Promarkers and stickles
  • Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilities
  • Everything else: My stash

17 comments:

  1. Great card, I love the sentiment and your flower.
    Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Ruth I love the little bee :)

    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Card:) Thank you for joining us this week for "SAY What" At Craft Your Passion Challenges. I hope you have a wonderful week and good luck:)

    Melissa

    expressionswithearthspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very original card idea. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a scary sketch Ruth but you've 'nailed it' as they say! Fab cards; love the sentiment with the little bee. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great take on the sketch! Your cards have such clean lines. I especially love the muted tones of the paper and background which just brightens the bee, flower, and the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Hooked on Craft Challenges!

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous image and lovely colouring. Thanks for joining us at Hookedoncraft challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab job with my sketch.Not once but twice!Cute image and love the muted colours.Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, great papers and image. Thanks for joining in at Willow Sketchie this week. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are just fab hun, love the papers & the sentiment is great!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Willow Sketchie this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah this is super what a great card, love how you made the sentiment the centre piece. Thanks for playing along on Willow Sketchie Challenge this week Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card. I think you have re-created the sketch beautifully too. Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenge blog,
    Hazel xx
    GDT August

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful in it's simplicity, lovely sentiment and layout, thanks so much for joining our "Bling it On" challenge this week at One Stitch at a Time
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love your gorgeous Birthday Card!!! Thanks so much for playing along at Sentimental Sunday's this week:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that sentiment, when the words fit the card perfectly, it means you really put the right amount of effort in, don't change a thing, Bee u tiful! hehe
    Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week, good luck and hope to see you again tomorrow!
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, love your flower, many thanks for joining in with our Bling It Up challenge over at OSAAT

    Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. Love your bee and flower. Its funny now that I make cards all the time....I seem to get those birthday cards in the mail after the date has passed. Oh well its the thought that count. Thanks so much for joining the Sentimental Sundays birthday challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!