Monday 29 August 2011

Bookmarks

It's sometimes a lot easier to make girly bookmarks but I like the look of this Tiddly Inks image so much that I decided to make some boyish ones! The image can be found here in the Tiddly Inks store and I've enlarged them to fit a decent sized bookmark and coloured with Promarkers.

I've used a small Nestie as a template to draw around to create the scalloped edge shape and then I've inked the edges, drawn a line with a Cool Grey 3 Promarker and then dotted a line too. A bit of random inking with my very faded (but trusty) tiny black inkpad before laminating the bookmarks.

The twine stuff at the top is actually thick elasticated cord and its kept in place with a dark silver We R Memory Keepers snap.

So there you have it! Hope your Bank Holiday is warmer than it is here - windy, cold and heavy showers - all the better to be indoors and crafting!!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Tiddly Inks: Back to School Bookmark
Allsorts: Back to School
Just Us Girls: Back to School 3d
Totally Papercrafts: Back to School
Dutch Dare Card Challenges: Anything But a Card
Paper Play: Back to School
  • Image: Tiddly Inks, coloured with Promarkers
  • Snap: We R Memory Keepers
  • Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilities as a template
  • Everything else: My stash

16 comments:

  1. Really cute, Ruth! Love the way you did the shape. Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers again this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous bookmarks Ruth (you can never have too many I find lol) I love the shape :)
    Hope you're having a wonderful long weekend.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth

    Love your bookmarks they are stunning.

    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing job! I love the shape and the coloring is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth these are adorable!! I love them both! Amazing how one image could look like two!! Thanks for joining us this week at Tiddly Inks!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous hun thanks so much for joining us at dutch dare with our anything but a card challenge,
    good luck sandra DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great back to school card bookmarks Ruth, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great bookmarks with lovely shape and a fab image!
    Thanks for entering our Back to school challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these are fab Ruth - love the image and your doodling is perfect!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute!! Love your coloring on them too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these Ruth!!! Could you make me about 200 - might encourage all the boys in school to read, lol!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW I love these, Thank you so much for entering my “back to school” challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I looooove these bookmarks, clever idea for the shape and the edges look fab. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I looooove these bookmarks, clever idea for the shape and the edges look fab. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these images and how you created the designs for the bookmark using the Nestie! That's a new technique for me! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Ruth! These are both adorable! :) Love the ink around the edges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!