Thursday 4 August 2011

Chocolate and Pink Sixteen

You know how I like my wordbooks so here is another one that I've recently made this time for a friend who's daughter is turning sixteen. I've used papers from Funky Hand - Craft The Year Away cd and I've used wordart to make the letters.

Although you can't really see it, I've dotted liquid pearls around the inners of each of the letters for a bit of detail.
The ribbons are from my stash and I've looped them around a few times to make a fancy bow and tied it all together with some very lovely chocolate brown satin ribbon. The charm is a little crown with 'princess' on it. It's one of a few that I've had for ages and bought from ebay.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Stampin' B's: Use Ribbon
Celebrate the Occasion: Kids Birthday
Cupcake Craft: Birthdays with a Number

  • Papers: Funky Hand - Craft The Year Away cd
  • Ribbons: My stash
  • Charm: My stash

19 comments:

  1. oh this is fab - she will love it .. i love the pink and brown colour combo
    Thanks for joining us for our NON square challenge this week at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! What a lovely card! I just love the color combo of pink & brown! Great details too! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous and so different! Love the colours and the little charm is perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card. Thanks for playing along at CTO! ~Shen-DTM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the liquid pearls, it almost looks like stitching, wonderful project! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the combo of brown and pink! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice wordbook and wonderful way to commemorate a sweet sixteen birthday!
    Thanks for playing with us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is fab Ruth - love the coloiur combo and the liquid pearls are the perfect finishing touch - as well as the Princess crown :-)
    Thanks for taking on my 'Don't be Square' challenge at MAWTT this week and good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love waht you have done and the colours are fab,thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation, just love the colour combo! One of my favourites!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, perfect colors for a girl, thanks for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! Such a perfect card. She is going to love it so much! And there could not be better colors.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great way to do this challenge!

    Thanks for joining us at CTO!
    Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
    Celebrate the Occasion DTM
    Visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOu did a wonderful job. Love all the details you have, and the pinks you used. Thanks for joining us at CTO.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just gorgeous! I love the stitching around the letters and the color is fab! Thanks for joining us at CTO!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is perfect for any girl's sweet sixteenth! This is absolutely adorable! You did a great job with the challenge -- thanks for playing along with us this week at CTO!

    Hugs,
    Tracey - CTO DT member
    www.trailoftreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have always wanted to make one the these wordsbook. You did a terrific job! -Yvette (CTO)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job! Thanks for playing at CTO!

    Trell - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!