Tuesday 9 August 2011

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary

Mary, Mary quite contrary, how does your garden grow?! If anything like mine - very fast! My strawberry plants which started off as being just two are fast growing and sending suckers out which have been duly planted in pots so that they can be re potted to a more suitable location (hanging bags and baskets on the fence!) They are an organic variety from B&Q and the strawberries are wonderfully large and sweet! Now I have a decent covering of crushed egg shells in the pots I no longer have slugs!



Anyhow. My card is for the Poodles Parlour challenge which is:


Round and Round the Garden

If you look closely, there are tiny flowers in the paper! The papers and flowers are all from the Dovecraft Tea House collection - 6x6 paper stack used. I bought them on a recent trip to Dunelm mill and they were a bargain! The image is from the Poodles Parlour and I've coloured it with Promarkers.

I've added some coloured card from my stash (forgot I had some this shade!) and also some sparkly bright pink card (I've had it for ages and rediscovered it when looking for something else!) and also some ribbon. Added some card candy and also the liquid pearl drops around the edges of the card and image.

It's more vibrant in real life - pesky weather! I've also followed the Sweet Sketch Wednesday sketch as they are fantastic sketches!

I'd also like to enter the following challenges:

Incy Wincy: Something Old, Something New (old are the turquoise and pink papers and ribbon, the new is the digi stamp)
Passion for Promarkers: Diva's with Glam and Glitter (liquid pearls?!)



  • Image: Poodles Parlour, coloured with Promarkers

  • Papers: Printed - Tea House collection from Dovecraft, all others my stash

  • Flowers - Tea House collection

  • Everything else: My stash

16 comments:

  1. Fab project thanks for joining us at the poodles parlour.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love what you've created with my little princess penelope digi!!! Love the dp, the colour scheme is just gorgeous. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured so very beautifully. Thanks for joining us at The Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the cute image and the papers you've used. Perfect ribbon and flowers too - all beautifully coordinated.

    I'm planning to grow strawberries next year so I've learnt something today - crushed egg shells! Thanks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and love the image. We too have had strawberries this year and they have been lovely. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that talk about strawberries is making me hungry Ruth!
    Love the card especially the liquid pearls around the edges :)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card..and great take on the sketch chickie! i adore that colored image...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and beautiful papers and ribbon too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the CAS design of this card....keeping the dp to a minimum really allows your image and the dp you did use to shine. Beautiful job with this week's sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Patti SSW/DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your princess. I would love to be Queen for the day. :) Your card is adorable and I love your color scheme. thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ruth, your Strawberris sound wonderful one of my very favourite fruits I just adore the smell. Love your card very very cute and you colour combo looks great. Great job and thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. soooooo cute! What a pretty card.
    Thanks for joining us at the Poodles Parlour this week. Hope to see you again!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet image. Love your fun colors. Arlana@SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really sweet card. I love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy.
    Nikki F x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ruth, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous card Ruth..so pretty..thanks for sharing with us at PFP..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!