Sunday 14 August 2011

Squiggle Stamps Guest Designer August - Pink & Black & Lace

I won a recent Squiggles challenge and was asked to be a Guest Designer, which of course I accepted in a flash! Thank you for asking me and the digital images are wonderful! Their current challenge is:

Pink and Black with optional lace

I've used the same image twice to create two different card on the same theme. They've been coloured with Promarkers. For this first card (which was used last night as we went to a Wedding Reception - I now feel really old as I can remember the groom being born!!) I used papers from a pack that was given away with a crafting magazine. I can't remember the name of the magazine but a pack of A4 papers was with every issue.

The Wedding was a black and white theme so perfect for the card! The pink is from my stash and I've added 4 dull half pearls to the corners plus I've dotted liquid pearls all around the edges.

The lace is from our local scrapstore and is actually underwear lace!

For my second card I've used some more underwear lace (posh knickers this time!) along with a faux silver slider heart. Papers are from my stash and I'm pretty sure that the larger paper is Funky Hand and the smaller one with the image layered onto it is Kirsty Wiseman - Patti Picklicious cd - I was so pleased to be able to use them as the oddments box is becoming somewhat full and overflowing!

For more details on the Squiggles challenge, please click here! The challenge winner receives £10 gift certificate to spend in the store!

I'd like to enter my cards into the following challenges:

Designed To Delight: Pink and Black
Little Claire's Designs: Wedding / Anniversary
Truly Scrumptious: Lace
  • Images: Squiggles Digital stamp, coloured with Promarkers
  • Papers: All from my stash
  • Lace: Scrap store
  • Everything else: My stash

10 comments:

  1. I love the papers you chose. Especially the top one. Great coloring!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so gorgeous Ruth!! Love the papers and the lace. Congrats on your GDT spot! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Ruth, I love the papers on both of them. The image is so cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great cards love the papers on the first one thank you so much for joining us at truly scrumptious this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what beautiful cards! and congrats on your guest DT position!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are so precious! Love the dp choices on each one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous Ruth!! Thanks for joining with us as our GD at Squiggle Stamps! Hope to see you again soon! Hugz Sal xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great cards, especially the first one - very elegant. Love the image you've used too.

    Thanks for joining us at Little Claire Designs.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty cards :)
    Thank you so much for joining us at Little Claires x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!