Tuesday 30 August 2011

Spotty Red Dots

I've increased my Christmas card target to 150 as I was almost at the original target of 100 and its not quite September yet!! I do like a challenge, and I think I just could make this one!! To meet it, I'll have to make around 27 cards in September and October and then the rest can follow in November. My first Christmas fair is mid October and then I have another mid November.

But this little cutie won't be going to any of the fairs as it is part of an order and is for a 7 year old Niece (1 down, all the rest to go, Claire!) It's a Whimsie Doodles image which I got for a recent challenge win and Santa Leah has been coloured with Promarkers and glitter glue (quite a lot as it took a few hours to dry!)

The paper is from the Rainbow Polkadots download from Funky Hand and I printed it at A5 size for smaller spots. Sentiment is computer generated and the red card is from my stash, along with the ribbon (just the perfect length too!) and the snowflake confetti.

I've added a thin glitter border around the edge of the spotty paper (you just can't see it) and a silver gel pen dotted line around the edge of the sentiment and image. I used my Nesties as a template to draw around.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Whimsie Doodles: Anything Goes
Sweet Stop Sketches: Sketch used
Designed 2 Delight: Christmas for a Child
Bah Humbug: Girly

  • Image: Whimsie Doodles, coloured with Promarkers and glitter glue
  • Papers: Rainbow Polkadots download from Funky Hand
  • Sentiment: Computer generated
  • Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilities as a template
  • Everything else: My stash

9 comments:

  1. awww - so cute - love the dots
    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card,sweet image,just lovely
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this is just so Cute Cute Cute! Love your sweet image and wonderful coloring! Couldn't help but smile! Love the polka dots too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable image and card! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet holiday card. That image is so cute and the touch of sparkle looks perfect. :o) Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie!! I love the polka dots and cute details. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet, Ruth! Love the dots and aren't you the fab Auntie. Thanks for joining the Humbuggers this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute...love that sweet image and all those red polka dots and the sparkle! Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG....what and adorable card!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Designed 2 Delight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!