Thursday 18 August 2011

Pink, Sparkly and Dancing

You wouldn't believe me when I say that this card has taken me almost two weeks to make! I've made it for the Wags n Whiskers challenge which is:

Sparkly

I'd won some Wags n Whiskers images in a challenge recently and they are a dream to colour, so I decided to use this ballerina image, coloured her with Promarkers and cut her out. Then I got sidetracked with other things.


I then saw the Sweet Sketch Wednesday sketch and it fitted perfectly, so here it is - finished!

I've used some pink pearlescent paper that I've had for ages along with some angel hair from Lynsey (thank you!) I did try to cut it with my Nesties but it wouldn't for some reason, and then I've layered some pink handmade paper (found hiding with the pearlesecent paper!) onto the top. Then added the image on foam pads.

Glitter stickles have been added for extra sparkle plus some ribbon from Funky Hand (April Fool) and a large gem from my stash.

My card also fits the following challenges:

Rainbow Lady's Challenge: Song of Choice (Tiny Dancer by Elton John)
Clear It Out: Glitter
Glitter Fairies: Pretty In Pink

  • Image: Wags n Whiskers, coloured with Promarkers
  • Papers: From my stash, or donation
  • Ribbon: Funky Hand
  • Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilities
  • Everything else: My stash

13 comments:

  1. ahhh such a cute card, thanks for joining us at Clear it Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image is adorable and I love it. This would be perfect for my little granddaughter too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Card, Very pretty hun, Thanks for joining us at Glitter Fairies we hope to see you again x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your image very cute, this is the perfect card for a little girl. Just adore the shade of pink you've use. Great job and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable. I would love this one for my granddaughter too! Thanks for sharing your precious card with us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a little cutie.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and very sweet. Thanks for singing with me this week
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is so pretty - love the pink and the handmade paper
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely card.Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so incredibly cute and that angel hair is just the perfect touch! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, how cute, cute, cute!!! Such a sweetie of an image, that's for sure!!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely adorable!!!! Such a cute little image. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

    Genevieve DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely, a very sweet card, Thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!