Sunday 21 August 2011

Ruby Wedding Anniversary

My Mum asked me to make a Ruby Wedding Anniversary card at quite short notice (48 hours) and for it to be flat to post - I just knew the perfect sketch to use! It's the August Kathy's Waffle Sketch File sketch that I've used. I know I've not quite added the same number of flowers, due to the fact that I didn't have enough of the tiny red flowers and I'd made the card a little too small for it to work!


It was actually the second card base that I cut as the first one was too big. I put it down to it being a Friday when I made it!

I've printed the sentiment from the pc and taken it from The Clip Art Fairy - one of the Ruby Anniversary Easel cards - the font was perfect for what I needed. All the flowers are from my stash along with the ribbon - just enough to make the two bows (one looked lonely!) and the gems.

The scalloped edge is made by punching hearts from the same red card and then positioning them correctly. The slight overlap is hidden by the flowers. Dotted liquid pearls to finish (you should have guessed!) plus some black inking here and there and my Mum thought the card was lovely. Good job!

I'd also like to enter the following challenges:

Mami Doodles: Shaped Card
Crafty Purple Frog: Red Hot
Southern Girls: Black and White with a Pop of Colour (black is muted!)
Little Claire's Designs: Wedding / Wedding Anniversary
  • Sentiment: The Clip Art Fairy
  • Everything else: My stash

16 comments:

  1. I'm sure your mum will be delighted with this lovely card
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! My Mum often asks for cards at short notice too!! Thank you so much for joining in our Southern Girls challenge this fortnight! I have candy on my blog if you are interested.
    http://alicia-timetocreate.blogspot.com/2011/07/new-delicious-candy.html
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute lil pearls. I love the red-white color combo. Very elegant. Thanks for playing along with us at Mami Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful.

    Thanks for joining us at Little Claire for our monthly challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty card. perfect for the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an elegant card and a great use of Kathy's sketch too....Thank You for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect card Ruth, so elegant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card thanks for joining us at little claire x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card. Really different design, very nice.

    thank you for joining Little Claire blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card. Love the design and colours. Thanks for playing with us at the Crafty Purple Frog. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning creation. Love the colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on taking Top 3 at Southern Girls with this card! It is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty and I love the colors! Thank you for joining us at Mami Doodles :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely lovely, Ruth. If I had a £ for the number of times I found no envelope the right size for the card I'd just sent hours making.....
    Thanks for playing along with The Sketch File for August. The new sketch went live today and I hope you'll join in with this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, it's so elegant xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!