Wednesday 24 August 2011

Dude Time Doodles First Birthday - Scavenger Crawl!

Welcome to the first Annual Dudeville Holla Scavenger Crawl! We are celebrating our First Birthday with style!


To begin and to find all the instructions and clues of what to do, please visit the Dude Time Doodles Challenge blog. You need to hop around the team although there is no specific starting point or end point, you just need to make sure that you've visited us all on the way. Leave a comment on each of our posts as some of us have candy on offer!

To celebrate this momentous occasion, I've created a card using Cowpoke Cal and coloured him with Promarkers. All the papers are left over scraps from my bits box and I've used my Nesties for shape and added some card candy plus twine from the kitchen drawer.

If you've arrived at me from Dawn then you are on the right track, although you can hop randomly if you want as long as you've visited us all! From me you need to go to one of our Special Guests - Theresa. We have a number of Special Guest joining us for the occasion!

So, what do you need to do at my blog? Study carefully my Dude card above - make a note of the item you have found (the list is on the Dude Time Doodles Challenge blog) and that you found it at my blog (Ruth). Leave me a comment on this post to let me know that you have passed through (without these words you will not be entered into my blog candy) and then hop to Theresa and do the same - repeat at each blog until you have visited us all! Go back to the Challenge Blog where you will find all the details on how to submit your answers.

The closing date for the Scavenger Crawl is 5 September with the winner announced on the Challenge Blog on 6 September. The Scavenger Crawl prize is a $20 Gift Certificate to the store and with a half price sale on Halloween images from 1 September you can get a lot more for your dollar!

I am offering this set of Papermania Boutique acrylic clear stamps plus an assortment of ribbons (not pictured!) to the randomly drawn winner from all the comments on this post before my deadline and I'll post anywhere in the world.

My blog candy will end at 10pm Monday 5 September and I will draw the winner during that week.

Good luck!!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Cards For Men: Anything Goes
Karens Doodles: Punches
KB Cute Monday: Twine
Pollycraft: Autumn Colours
Lollypop Crafts: Make It Masculine

  • Image: Cowpoke Cal, coloured with Promarkers
  • Papers: Various from my stash
  • Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilities
  • Everything else: My stash

21 comments:

  1. Great card! Love the feel of this one - what a wonderful card for a guy!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, I just love it when using up the scraps results in a card this wonderful! Perfect CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Western Cowboy Dude! Your card is awesome and love the awesome candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple and so completely effective! I love the textures, great coloring! Yehaw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card Ruth, love the autumnal colours and the use of card candy and twine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Ruth! Great giveaway too hun!
    Oh Yeah, love that you used up your scraps!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy Ruth, I love your monochromatic card! Lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow Ruth, he's one cool dude.
    A great male card.
    Thanks for playing along with Karen's Doodles
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, who can resist Cowpoke Cal and your wonderful card! Great textures and terrific coloring as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card, love the image and layout. thanks for joining us at pollycraft. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cal has always been a favorite of mine. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shading and textures on Cal. Very masculine. Another wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the twine on this fab card :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Clean and Simple design! SO masculine - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love clean and simple cards, sometimes it is just needed.. your coloring is excellent.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this image and your card is really bgreat too

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Ruth - I'm just loving all these Dude Time Graphics that you clever DT ladies have played around with - they're fab :D Good luck with your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card, even more the comment of the string from the drawer.......hehehe, we have lots like that, don't we.........:))
    lotsa luv

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card! nice image and colors. TFS at Lollipop Crafts.
    Zulma DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great CAS card! the twine is a good touch.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!