Sunday 2 January 2011

Washing Line Teddy Bear

It's been a while since I joined in with a Sassy Cheryl's challenge so I was determined to start fresh for the New Year!

The current challenge is:

Teddy Bears

And I've used a freebie image which has been coloured with Aquamarkers. I started colouring the bear with Jacob watching me as he was fascinated to how I could use water with my pens. I built the colour up (he kept saying it was not bear coloured!) and then blended it all with water. Aquamarkers give such a rich colour that is quite difficult to achieve with traditional watercolours plus there is less mess and less chance of colours running into one another!


The papers are from Funky Hand's Dreams Come True cd (the So What? collection) as these were lying in my scrap box and I am determined to see the bottom (or close to!) of the box at some point during the next 12 months!

The two flowers are from my stash along with the ribbon which was a perfect match to the orange felt flower. It's actually quite a bright and in your face card in real life!

  • Papers: Dreams Come True from Funky Hand
  • Image: Sassy Cheryl coloured with Aquamarkers
  • Everything else: My stash

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, absolutely love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun, bright and cheerful card! Love it.
    LYnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright, in your face colors of this card!!

    So, if this is a digital image, how did you not get the printer ink to run when you used your aquamarkers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwww ruth that is cute hun and the papers look fabby with him!! hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would've loved to have been there when Jacob was giving you advice! So precious.
    I think it is very 'beary' colored. :) It's gorgeous! Thanks for playing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card. I love this little bear. Your papers are a great selection too. I love when I can use up some of my scraps. I have so many saved and love the feeling of accomplishment when I use them. Good luck in finding the bottom of the box in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards and I love the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling card-love Cheryl's teddies, don't you?!

    Thank you for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card! this has always been a fave image of mine.
    your coloring is wonderful!
    thanks for joining us in the challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Card! I love the bright colors. I have wanted to try the aqua markers, your coloring is great. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. And it's so nice to have you back with us. Your card is darling and this is one of my fav SC images. Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge. Happy New Year to you! Peggy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!