Sunday 30 January 2011

Christmas Decorations

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms as it is a week or two since I entered a Christmas challenge, plus I bought some fantastic bargains in the sales - all of which feature on this card! There is a great simple but strangely complicated (because it has to work just right!) sketch on Jingle Belles Rock this week.

I've used papers from the Dovecraft Let It Snow 12x12 stack and no, I cut into the sheet fine! I normally cannot bring myself to cut a part from such a large sheet but this time, I was ok! I bought the pad half price - £7.50 from Boundary Mill in the sales. Plus the 6x4 version too! This sheet is glittered although my very bad and blurred photo does not do the paper justice.

I've used two Christmas tree decorations too, which, yes you've guessed, I bought in the sales! The bottom one came in as part of a pack of 8 - 2 of each colour in equally vibrant pink, green and yellow from Sainsbury's. The top star with gem was from Matalan. And I am now quite sparkly myself!

The gem taken from the underside of the silver star has been added along with a few other gems to the top left of the cad. Waste not want not!

Ah, and here is the sketch!I think I'll be using this sketch again as I'm now in the mood for more Christmas cards! It won't last long, so don't worry!

  • Paper: 12x12 Dovecraft Let It Snow stack
  • Embellishments: Christmas tree decorations from Sainsbury's and Matalan
  • Everything else: My stash

14 comments:

  1. ooohhhh fab! I bought a load of snowflake decorations from a 2nd hand shop the other week so this has given me an idea! Also I just looked at all the challenges on your sidebar...crikey...I feel tired just reading to the bottom of the list!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super lovely!! I love that you used Christmas decorations for your card. VERY clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is gorgoues what an amazing design so effective love cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. simply beautiful, your so clever making good use out of ornaments - they look fabby,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a stunning card! Love the snowflake in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of that glittery goodness ... the layered ornaments are absolutely fantastic ... thanks so much for joining us on our jingle belles journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how ♥FABULOUS♥ is this sparkly and delightful christmas card?! i am loooooooving the layery combination of the two ornaments! (i wish i could find something like that at MY supermarket!!!) what an utterly awesome version of amy's lovely sketch! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. ::swoon:: I adore your card...I think that blue is such a wonderful non-traditional color for Christmas..one of my favorites! Don't you love finding sales on paper crafting supplies??!!! You hit the jackpot because your card is a beauty! Thanks for playing with us over at the Jingle Belles Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous,love the blue,it's so elegant. Very pretty snowflake.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a feeling a lot of us are going to be sparkly for the next 10 months! Your decorations are beautiful layered together. Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I love the sparkle and that background paper is gorgeous - love that color. Isn't it wonderful when you get bargains AND they're lovely to boot!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your sparkley card. I would never have guessed that you used Christmas Ornaments. Too clever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very smart very smart indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the paper! And the card! (I sometimes use ornaments on mine, too, but I stick them with a little Velcro, so the recipient can hang them.) Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!