Sunday 16 January 2011

Typewriter and Procreating Washing

I've had a pretty productive day today. Crafting and housework. I've managed to get a head start on some of my Design Team commitments, or at least they are started (I have around 7 projects on the go at any one time!) plus I've managed to almost catch up on the HUGE amount of washing. There was only one day this last week that I didn't do any washing and I swear it reproduces on its own!

Six loads washed and almost dried with a further 2 to do; anyone would think there was more than 4 of us in this household.....

Anyway. I managed to get the card completed for the Tiddly Inks challenge which is:

Refresh Me (or all white card)

Ok, so mine has black on it too, but I guessed that with the image being black to start with, I was allowed otherwise how would you see it. See - method in my madness! It's a Tiddly Inks image which I have been itching to use and now I can as I need to send a letter (yes a letter - not an email!) as I forgot in the run up to Christmas and as the recipient is a card maker too I feel she will appreciate it!

I've used my trusty Studio G mini wooden alphabet stamps for the wording, Nesties for the layered shapes. And a confession. I didn't leave enough space for a spine to the card and ended up cutting two shapes. Hence the eyelets and black ribbon tie!

Everything is from my stash as off-cuts and I've used a Cuttlebug embossing die for one of the layers. A quick card to make but it still took me 4 days to finish it! Good job its already late as not sent before Christmas!

  • Image: Tiddly Inks
  • Sentiment: Studio G wooden alphabet stamps
  • Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilities
  • Everything else: My stash

6 comments:

  1. I love typewriter images and your's is wonderful. I thought you did the spine that way on purpose (and wouldn't have know otherwise). It's a cool idea. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this is fantastic! I love the metallic paper you embossed - it's a great touch on all that white! The Tiddly type writer is wonderful for this challenge! Thanks so much for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! So glad you could join us at Tiddly Inks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Love the metallic background!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and graphic! Love it! thanks for playing along this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!