Monday 3 January 2011

Brother In Blue

I found a brand new challenge blog through one of my Simple Doodles DT gals Janice (thank you!) called Jingle Belles Rock and it is a weekly Christmas challenge, which in my book, is a good thing as I always think I never have enough cards as my Christmas fairs start from the end of September and to be honest, it drives me crackers (no pun intended) to only be making Christmas cards in the run up to Christmas!

Anyway, their first challenge is:

Something Old, Something New

I've used an old Funky Hand wordbook download called Blue Christmas although I've only used the papers and made my own letters using Wordart. If you like the look of the download, you can buy it from here plus Anice is looking for new Design Team members, but be quick - the call is only open until the end of the week - click HERE for more details!


I've also used my Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet set to make the little silver letters spelling out 'Happy Christmas' plus I've also run the 'Brother' letters through my Swiss Dots folder.

The new elements are the snaps holding the pages together. These are We R Memory Keepers and I bough I think 47 packs in the January sales last year from Mad About Cards and I've only opened two packs so far! And the other new thing is the tiny slightly pearlescent snowflakes I've added all over the letters - you can't really see them in the photo, but they are there in abundance! I've had them in my stash for ages - I bought them in the sales a few years ago along with other bits of table confetti and parcel wrap.

I'm hoping to be able to join in with the challenges each week, time permitting! Wishing the Jingle Belles all the best with the new challenge blog!!

  • All printed papers: Blue Christmas wordbook download from Funky Hand
  • Dies: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet dies
  • Snaps / Brads: We R Memory Keepers
  • Tiny snowflakes: My stash

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Ruth!
    As always you are sooo organised ..must go check this blog out.. seems like an excellent idea!
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR, MAY IT BE FILLED WITH CREATIVITY...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea for your project! I joined Jingle Belles too, I'm so tired of trying and failing to get cards made, and am committed that this year will be different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great start on your Christmas cards. I bet you have someone special in mind for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you soooooo very much for both your good wishes AND for coming along to play at jingle belles--we're thrilled you've found us and hope you'll have as much fun this year as we are already! :)

    what a fabulously fun and clever christmas card this is--i love the way you've layered the little letters over the big ones...and BLUE CHRISTMAS is one of my favorite all-time color schemes! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love when you get to use up some of those things you've had for-EVER ... fantastic combination of elements ... thanks so much for joining our Jingle Belle fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card! What a great way to personalize it! I gotta try that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a clever card...I'm going to love the whole JB concept...great to get started on my 2011 cards early instead of waiting until..december.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what an awesome card and idea!! have to do some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful project! And great theme! I adore all the blue, too. It's so tranquil and soothing even though your wordbook is SO FUN!! :)

    Looking forward to more of your creations in the upcoming weeks with the Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!