Tuesday 11 January 2011

Merry Little Christmas

I feel like I'm doing really well in being prepared for Christmas this year. Although don't know how long that feeling will last once the weather warms up (if it ever does!)

Jingle Belles Rock has a theme of:

Have Yourself a Merry *LITTLE* Christmas

With the emphasis being on little. As I've done pretty well (even if I say it myself!) in the January sales so I've used two of my purchases to make these little 9cm square cards. Both sets use papers from Dovecrafts Let It Snow 4.5 x 6.5 glitter double sided paper stack (bargain at £2.99 in the Range!)

I've used my Nesties to cut the shapes - the largest one for the bottom half shape and then the smallest two to layer the embellishments on. The little sparkly gifts and snowflakes are from three packs of Christmas embellishments for 29p each from Hobbycraft - I've simply changed the colour of the gem in the centre of the green themed cards to a green gem and then added a gem to the top of each of the gifts.

The turquoise ribbon is Tempting Turquoise from Stampin Up and the green I think is Dovecraft and it was in my stash.

Although you can't see it properly (rubbish photos but I blame not having enough daylight!) the blue papers are sparkly and all the gifts are too! Very pretty!

  • All papers: Dovecraft Let It Snow 6.5 x 4.5 paper stack
  • Dies: Nestabilities
  • Embellishments: From Hobbycraft
  • Ribbon: Stampin Up and Dovecraft

6 comments:

  1. Love how you used the three different nestabilities sizes in your design ... and the colors are so fun and happy ... and you got SIX done ... woot woot to you. Thanks for joining our Jingle Belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are GORGEOUS!!! I love the papers you used, they sparkle, and I love sparkle! Plus you made so many of them, you are going to be well prepared come Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i ♥LOVE♥ these sweet little cards! especially the little center "inchie" bits being tiny diecut frames; and then the way you've used HALF a nestie embellished with that pretty ribbon for the bottom of the card! brilliant design and a great use of supplies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! Love that lime green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree they are very pretty. And six! Wow! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!