Monday 31 January 2011

Poppies

Sometimes I'm really organised and get cards made as they are ordered but when they give me loads of notice I leave it to the last minute. And this one is no exception! The request was for poppies, so poppies they got!

The image is from Delicious Doodles and I've coloured it with Promarkers plus some inking around the edges. The stamp is from the Our Betty Your Special Day set from Funky Hand and all the papers and ribbon are from my stash.


And I've used the Sweet Sketch Wednesday for inspiration:


And that's it!!

  • Image: Delicious Doodles, coloured with Promarkers
  • Sentiment: Our Betty Your Special Day Stamp set
  • Everything else: My stash

12 comments:

  1. I love floral images- this image and card- gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is gorgoues hun beautifully colured hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Ruth! I love poppies and you did a fabulous job. I really like how you matted in white - it really makes the red pop even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so lovely and such striking colors together! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!! This is simply GORGEOUS! So pretty.
    LYnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you card is stunning in. I love the colros you have used. Just gorgeous!
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I jsut posted a comment but I don't think it saved it. So, here it is again. Wow, your card is stunning. I love your colors scheme. One Gorgeous card!
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just fantastic.......I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tip Top this is one lovely card I just adore, Poppies and Sweetpeas they are childhood memories two flowers my dad grew for my mum. Love the red rich colours. Great job.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and sharing your card.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Gorgeous coloring!!
    A very stunning card!
    Thanks for joining us at SSW!!!

    Hugs'
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous! I love those poppies! Thanks so much for playing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your gorgeous poppies! It's a beautiful card! Every year I say I am going to plant some poppies but I never seem to get to it! Maybe this year will be the one! Thanks for joining us at SSW!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!