Sunday 12 September 2010

U Rock

As if by magic, I'd already printed and coloured this Tiddly Inks image in preparation for Samuel's Birthday (which is tomorrow) but I'd not got round to making a card with it. So I was pretty pleased with myself when I saw the Tiddly Inks challenge which is:

Birthday - Create a Card

And you'd think that I wouldn't have left it to the day before his Birthday to actually make the card. Well I have, but its finished! So all is well that ends well!

I've used the U Rock image, coloured with Promarkers and layered onto various card from my stash. The sports paper is a freebie download from a magazine, I think Papercraft Inspirations from a few years ago. One of those that I print and then forget I have!

The lettering has been cut using my Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet set and also the number is from the Sizzix Round-a-Bout alphabet die set. A bit of inking along with some garden twine and a random button that I found, and its complete!

What's the betting that I actually forget to write it and give it to him tomorrow morning?! If I do, I'll have a good excuse as its Jacobs first day at school and I still have to name his shoes, wellies and coat. By the time I get back home at 9:10 I'll be calm and looking forward to the two hours of peace (almost) before I go and collect him. I was thinking that I could do with doing some cleaning up, but my time would be better spent trying to make a dent in the Christmas card orders that I already have - its only September!!!!!!

First Day at School photos will follow tomorrow! That I CAN guarantee!

  • Image: Tiddly Inks, coloured with Promarkers
  • Printed Papers: Papercraft Inspirations freebie
  • Other Papers: My stash
  • Dies: Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet, Sizzix Round-a-Bout alphabet
  • Everything else: My stash

7 comments:

  1. Cool boy birthday card! Great job x

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute!! i love how crisp and clean it is yet so fun at the same time!!

    crafty hugs!
    meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling! We never seem to get that many boy cards and this one is perfect! Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww ruth he came out cute and i love the freebie papers you have there too.hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable card! Love the papers you used. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly inks challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!