Sunday 26 September 2010

No Girls!

A rather fab sketch this week on Sassy Cheryl:


And before I show what I have made, I'd like to thank Sassy Cheryl for me being last weeks winner! Who-hoo!! How pleased was I?! I've used one of the images that I picked (was on my shopping list anyway!) Jacob got a well done sticker on Friday at school for knowing a letter in the alphabet that the rest of his class didn't know. When the sticker was given to him, he said thank you (as he should) and promptly was rewarded with another sticker! So I've not forgotten my manners Jacob!!

Ok, here is my card. I had to take the picture flat-on as the glue hadn't dried under the buttons and the light was fading fast (its now virtually dark at 7pm!) And I've forgotten the sentiment..... ah well!I used the 'No Girls' digi stamp, coloured it with Promarkers and added it to a Swiss Dotted background with a perfectly sized left over bit of ribbon across the centre (as not yet mastered the art of neat matching up with embossed panels when the panel is too big for the embossing folder....!) The little chap has been inked around the edges (you may just see the faded blue) and black, plus corner rounded. Layered onto more red card and some dark blue from my stash.

See - no printed papers. Because ink is no more in my printer so having to make do! The buttons are from my stash and the twine I bought earlier today from Poundstretchers at Southport - 3 large balls of the stuff for 99p - bargain!

  • Image: Sassy Cheryl's, coloured with Promarkers
  • All papers: From my stash
  • Everything else: From my stash

4 comments:

  1. I like this card it's very colourful and you've done a great job colouring the image. Using the swiss dots folder, it's quite easy to emboss a larger area than the actual folder. I usually do a piece twice the width but you could do more than that if you wanted to. Just put your piece of card into the folder and emboss as usual (putting it through sideways), then move your card along but line up the last row of embossed dots with a row on the folder. This row will then be embossed again but it ensures that you are lined up properly. Some of the dots at the edge may have been flattened but just push them back with an embossing tool. HTH.

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week!! I love that image!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super, super cute! Wonderful card for the challenge sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!