Sunday 26 September 2010

Princess Birthday

A lovely quick sketch this week from Tiddly Inks, so why does it take me to almost the last moment to get it together?! Well, it's because I do most of my colouring when I'm at my Mum and Dad's on a Saturday afternoon with the boys - I get a few hours almost peace and quiet so I take all my Promarkers in their carry wallets along and colour in!

I've used the Princess figure which I picked with my winnings from a few challenges ago as I knew I'd be able to use it millions of times! For this card it will be for a little girl who will be 5 at the end of the month. When I was expecting Jacob, two of my work colleagues were expecting their first and we all were due within 3 weeks of each other.
I've flipped the sketch round to fit with the white bits on the image and used Promarkers for colouring (I was going to add some glitter but forgot!) I'm out of ink in my printer at the moment so having to rely upon card stock and off-cuts from my bits box hence the scrumpled up flowers.

I've handwritten the sentiment (and can't you tell!) doodled a black line, added some inking and some corner rounding and that's it!

And if I remember, she'll get the card on her actual Birthday!

  • Image: Tiddly Inks, coloured with Promarkers
  • Printed card: Funky Hand (not sure which cd)
  • Everything else: My stash

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card and your scrumpled up flowers look good. I would never have guessed that you had handwritten the sentiment - just as good as a stamp and you can write anything that you want.

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and how you adapted the sketch...very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! Those flowers are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo cute! Love the image and your fab flowers and great job flipping the sketch. Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!