Saturday 18 September 2010

Christening Card

I've cheated a little and actually published this on Sunday morning but it should show up as Saturday night. Why? Cos I forgot plus I have a card or two to actually blog today (Sunday). Method in my madness. Honest.

Anyway, I got a few card orders earlier in the week and one was for a Christening card. I'd already coloured the Tiddly Inks image in preparation for their challenge which this week is:

Our Pets

Well, I know an elephant is not a pet, but thought it was too cute an image to pass by and it looked so sweet on this card! Forgive me?! This image is a freebie and such a fab freebie too!


The papers are from Dreams Come True from Funky Hand although you won't find this particular colour-way as it was a happy accident from a lack of ink in my printer. It was supposed to be a taupe brown!

I've used Promarkers to colour the image plus a pink gel pen has been dotted around the card base and also image (you'll have to look close to see it!) The lettering is from my Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet set - cut using the same papers for the name and then same as the card blank for the word Christening. The little cross is a Quickutz die.

And the ribbon? From Blackburn market! A bit of corner rounding, inking and adding of foam pads and the card is complete!

  • Image: Tiddly Inks freebie, coloured with Promarkers
  • Papers: Dreams Come True from Funky Hand
  • Dies: Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet set and Quickutz cross
  • Ribbon: Blackburn market

5 comments:

  1. This is just precious and the paper turned out fab! Love that little ellie. Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH this is so cute!! Love that sweet elephant and your layout is gorgeous!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww ruth ellie looks gorgeous and anyway, I've seen nanny mcphee and the big bang and you can definately have an elephant for a pet!!!! thakyou for playing along with the tiddly inkers again!! hug Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who says Ellie isn't a pet? :) She looks adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! Love the pretty soft colours. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!