Friday 17 September 2010

A Stitch In Time

I snagged this freebie image from Bugaboo a week or two back and printed it (almost immediately!) and added the sentiment under Stella as I thought it about time I made some more thank you cards. Because you just never know when you'll need them.

I've used the Bugaboo challenge which is:

A Stitch In Time plus Autumn Colours

I've used various papers from my bits box - majority are Funky Hand from Now That's Funky which I've corner rounded and doodled a fine black line around.


The image has been coloured with Promarkers and I've used part of a real tape measure, held onto the card by a big chunky brad. The tape measure is from a little sewing kit that I bought just for the different glass headed pins, and as the kit was only 99p, I bought two! Knowing full well that I can cut up things from the kit and not worrying about it!

  • Papers: Now That's Funky from Funky Hand
  • Image: Bugaboo, coloured with Promarkers
  • Everything else: My stash

7 comments:

  1. oooooh, just lurve this one ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome use of a "real" tape measure as an embellishment! Great shading on Stella too! Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's A Stitch in Time challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahahahahaha - this is going to be me when I am older although I think I will need a much bigger spool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet sweet card, thanks for playing with bugaboo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is WONDERFUL! I LOVE the colors and the way you colored the image is AMAZING!! Thanks for joining us at BUGABOO's CHALLENGE at CATCH THE BUG blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for entering Catch The Bugs Stitch in Time challenge this past week. We appreciate it so much and I love your card. Please join us this week for a special challenge helping OWH celebrate their birthday and helping make cards for Soldiers to send home as they are away. Thanks again. Tammy Miller DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like the tape detail on the side. Really ties in the theme. Thanks for joining in with us a Catch The Bug this week for our Sewing and Fall challenge. Hope to see you again.
    TFS
    Paul
    http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I have some Bugaboo candy available on my blog if you fancy having a look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!