Friday 17 September 2010

Polkadoodle Challenge 37 - Easel Card

It's Friday and welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge! This week Brenda is setting the challenge, and what a challenge it has been for me! She has asked for:

An Easel Card

And I've never made one before! So after a bit of research and some help from the Design Team (thanks Kris!) I made my very first easel card! I'm always a bit behind with what's in fashion, so no surprise that I've never made one until now!

Once I realised that I could not make the card from just one sheet of A4 cardstock, it was quite easy!
I've used papers and flowers from Sugar Birdies as these were already printed (my printer ran out of ink!) and in my stash just waiting to be used. I'm a big fan of these flowers and I do like using them!

All I've done is curled their petals and added pink and silver sead beads to the centres.The calendar pad is from The Range (10 for 99p - so I've another 9 to make!) and I've just done a bit of doodling and edge inking and rounding.

Quite quick and easy once I'd sussed out how to make it! Hope you can join in with the challenge this week - its open until Sunday 26 September at 12noon GMT.

  • All paperbased elements: Sugar Birdies from Polkadoodles
  • Calendar tabs: The Range
  • Everything else: My stash

4 comments:

  1. Great easel card - perfect for the calendar....those flowers are fabulous! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a fabulous idea using the calendar. Gorgeous creation Ruth.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I love those flowers, they are fab,
    best wishes,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Ruth! Might have to make one of these myself. My Easel card was a first for me too... I'm alway way behind what's 'on trend'. Between you & me, I still don't own a die cutter! Shocking, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!