Tuesday 31 May 2011

Retro Christmas

In an attempt to use up some of the scraps I already have lying around (well, actually they are in clear folders labelled with the collection / download name...!!) I've made this card for the Jingle Belles challenge which is:

Use Three Different Patterned Papers

You can just see the third paper inside the aperture - on the left and right. I've used papers from Funky Hand - All I Want For Xmas download including the sentiment.

I've inked edges and added a faux running stitch line around the red spotty card. The aperture has been cut with a Nesties die. The red suede ribbon came from a fancy gift tag that I've recycled - would seem rude not to as it was too lovely to throw away!

The card also qualifies for the following challenges:

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge
: Use Ribbon
Card Makin' Mama's: Use Your Scraps
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long: Die Cuts
Stamp Something: Use a Sentiment

  • Papers and Sentiment: All I Want For Christmas Download from Funky Hand
  • Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilities
  • Suede Ribbon: My stash

7 comments:

  1. A lovely card - what a good way to use up some of those scraps (I'm always trying to do that!) - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 22 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ribbon is most certainly too pretty not to re-use ... and I love the combination of patterns ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very nice! thnx for playing with us at cmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NEATO! I really like your card and the dimension and the color (red, my favorite!) Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fabulously fun and ♥FESTIVE♥ card! i love all the red patterns especially when paired with that wonderfully bold and graphic sentiment! plus the suede ribbon is AWESOME... excellent "save" there!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhhhh this is AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so Christmassy! Great colours, lovely layers, pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!