Saturday 7 May 2011

More From The Poundshop!

The chipboard embellishment that I have used on this card came in a pack of 6 from the Poundshop a few Christmas's ago - I have a few packs of these red and green vintage themed ones plus some blue ones and some more modern types too. I sort of went a bit mad and bought almost all that I could see as its generally a case of if I don't buy then, its gone for next time!

The chipboard is really good quality and layered up too and a bargain at 6 for a £1! The Jingle Belles challenge this week is

Vintage

Which this card fits. I've used a Kraft card blank plus leftover papers that I've had lying around for a while that were bought from Mad About Cards ages ago and are part of a vintage download.

I've used two sizes of Nesties to cut out the shapes then inked the edges. The organza ribbon is from my stash along with the little jingle bell (see what I did there?!) A bit of doodling with a fine black pen (which I think is on its last legs and it took me ages to find one that I actually liked!)

  • Papers: Vintage Christmas download from Mad About Cards
  • Chipboard sticker: Poundshop
  • Dies: Nestabilities
  • Everything else: My stash

4 comments:

  1. Love the combination of patterns and that sweet little bell ... thanks for going vintage with us this week at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish you would take *ME* shopping...you find ALL the best bargains!!! and then you do ♥BRILLIANT♥ things with them too! loving the chipboard and the nesties on the vintage text paper. and YEAH, that JINGLE BELL rocks!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - I like the shapes you've cut and the distressed edges, such a cute bell on the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isnt' it wonderful to be able to put those incredible bargains to such good use. And such a pretty composition.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!