Tuesday 17 May 2011

Birthday Mermaid

It's been a while since I last joined in with a Pattie's Creation challenge, but when I saw the theme for the current one, I could not resist! It is:

Something for a Child - With Their Name

I've already made two cards for Casey and they were both a little bit on the pink side, so had to go for a very different colour scheme! She has swimming lessons so I thought the Mermaid image from Pattie's Creations was perfect. She's been coloured with Promarkers and I've added glitter glue to the bubbles and also the sea shell. I've inked the edges of the image with faded blue and green ink plus some chestnut brown and a bit of black.


The patterned papers and strip are from DCWV Retro 6x6 stack and the others are oddments from my stash. I've used the computer for the sentiment and to finish it off, I've dotted a line around the edge of the image and sentiment with liquid pearls.

So I am now organised! Her present is bought and it all just needs wrapping and writing!

  • Image: Pattie's Creations, coloured with Promarkers
  • Papers: DCWV Retro 6x6 Stack
  • Other papers: Stash oddments
  • Sentiment: Computer generated
  • Everything else: My stash

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Love these colors together. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see you back at our challenge this week!
    Great coloring of the mermaid image, and I'm sure Casey will love it!
    Thanks for playing in our 'Child's Theme with Name' Challenge #21!
    ♥ Sandi
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tip Top,
    I love this card and the way you colored my Mermaid Pattieboop image. Thanks for joining us again at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cute .. love the colouring..
    thanks for playing along with us at Pattie's Creations... hugs Bev PC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG your coloring of Patties image is all over the too as the whole design. Thanks for joining Patties challenge. LindaS/PCDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being picked as TOP 3 at our challenge. Please grab 'Allie's Top 3 Badge' (the Blue one) and place on your sidebar to be eligible for our monthly draw on May 31st.
    ♥ Sandi
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. This is really beautiful. Thanks for playing along in our challenge at Patties...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!