Sunday 1 May 2011

The Poundshop Is Fab!

I do like the Poundshop! Me and the boys popped in last weekend and I picked up two really obviously fake silver chunky necklaces with loads of charms on them which I knew would be easy to use on cards, and here one of them is! I've used one of the heart charms and added it via a jump ring to the deep burgundy ribbon.

The card fits the Die Cut Dreams challenge which is:

Weddings

The image is from Digi Sparkle (I am gutted to learn that Heather is closing Digi Sparkle at the end of May) and I've coloured it with Promarkers. The sentiment is also from the same digi set - you really get a lot for 99p! Plus there is a code on the website to use for 50% off - so fill your boots whilst you can!

I've layered it onto some random scraps from my stash along with the flowery panel. Three silver seed beads have been added to the top left corner. I've also dotted a silver gel pen line around the image and card edge.

From all the charms I can take from the two necklaces, plus I can probably use what is left of the chains too, I reckon I'll use them on around 30 cards! Not bad for £2 eh?! And I bought some foam tape too - three rolls for £1. I do like a bargain, especially if it is a crafty one!

  • Image: Digi Sparkle, coloured with Promarkers
  • Charm: Poundshop - originally on a necklace
  • Everything else: My stash

6 comments:

  1. The new 99p shop is good too, it has a big swivel stand of packs of buttons, ribbons and charms all for just 99p! Bargain!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Poundland too - we have had a 99p shop here in Barnsley for a few years now and they have great bargains as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for pointing out the sale as I had admired sme of your digi images from there before so have now bought quite a few!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation Ruth, what a fab idea to visit the pound shop, and I love your charm, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. everybody loves a bargain =). This is a wonderful creation. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Die Cut Dreams and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!