Monday 2 May 2011

Paper Flowers

I found a new challenge blog whilst hopping around the other day. Like I don't have enough on my list already to do! Anyway, I quite liked the look of the theme on My Mum's Craft Shop Challenges which is:

Flowers

I wanted to do something a little different, so out came the barbecue skewers and I made two of these:

I used almost all the sizes of my scalloped circle Nesties to make these - papers are from Colour Me Happy cd from Funky Hand and I've printed on both sides. I then got a bit over enthusiastic and instead of lightly spraying the die cuts with water, I stuck them under the tap. Hence the weathered and faded look. And the ink has run too!

I've added a wooden bead to the top of the skewer and also underneath. The wire has been tided up with some wonderfully matching satin ribbon. The bees which are I think a Sizzix die cut have been layered up with black, yellow and gold glittery card and are attached to the flowers with a piece of gold thick craft wire so that they boing around.

Whilst the 'flowers' were wet, I scrunched them up so that they have more character and don't squash quite as easily!

  • Papers: Colour Me Happy from Funky Hand
  • Dies: Sizzix bee
  • Everything else: My stash

6 comments:

  1. Really rather yummy! Long live soggy paper under the tap!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow...gorgeous flowers ruth and I love the cute bees...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, clever....and FABULOUS!! So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh now these are FAB! I bought some barbeque skewers ages ago after seeing some of your 'things on sticks'... I think I may finally try something similar myself! p.s. ANOTHER challenge!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous...such a brill idea and they look amazing too!

    Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenges for this weeks challenge and we hope to see you again next time!

    Kitty xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOW is right...these are lovely... I've not seen such pretty ones from just scallop circles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!