Sunday 8 May 2011

Fluffy Pink

I do like the Sweet Sketch Wednesday sketches and do my best to join in each week and I knew that I'd be making this card for a friend but just didn't know what image to use. I have a large box full of pre printed images that I've not coloured (I have one with coloured images in too - just ready to be used!) and I found this Pink Petticoat image in it.

I've used one of my Nesties dies to cut it and then inked the edges with my trusty pink and blue (rather well used and gnarly inkpads!) plus dotted a pink gel pen line around the edges.


The papers are a mix of different digital brands and I found them in my box of oddments that I am desperately trying to use up as its becoming a little unmanageable! The pink fluffy stuff is actually yarn that I've had for ages (got it in black and white too!) and I knew I'd be able to use it one day!More gel pen dotting around the edges of the card and layers (blue pen this time) plus some dabs of liquid pearls and the card is complete. And actually a few days before I need to send it! To say I am a card maker, I am terrible for remembering Birthdays and sending cards!

As this is the 100th Sweet Sketch, there is a blog hop, so I'm off to take part in that!

  • Papers: Various
  • Image: Pink Petticoat, coloured with Promarkers
  • Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilities
  • Everything else: My stash

8 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean...I have tons of cards and I am terrible at sending them. Your friend will love this adorable card. I love the image you have used. Thanks for joining us for our celebration.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cute image, very pretty design papers which all work perfectly together. Love your added bling of the pearls. Great job and thanks so much for sharing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week on our 100th Sketch celebration.

    Kathie
    SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Love the blue and pink and the rounded corners! Thanks so much for playing along this week at our SSW 100th Celebration!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love how you colored up your pink petti coat image. I love the dp papers you used. Thanks for joning in the celebration. Arlana@SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Great colour combo & vey cute ribbon. Thanks so much for joining us for our 100th sketch celebrations ;)

    Genevieve SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too cute and I love the pink and blue! Thanks so much for joining us for our 100th Celebration at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! I love your combination of patterned papers - wonderful together! The image is so cute too and your coloring is fab. Love that feathery ribbon you've used too. Thanks so much for helping us celebrate our 100th sketch milestone at Sweet Sketch wednesday and for your support of our challenges. We love seeing your inspiring work week after week.
    Hugs,
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable Bella image - LOVE the pink and blue together! Thanks so much for playing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!