Monday 2 May 2011

April Showers Bring May Flowers

I know this is just about going to make it in time, but I was determined to enter the Tiddly Inks challenge this week which is:

April Showers Bring May Flowers

And that is after the excitement of the Tiddly Inks Treasure Hunt! Which, if you are quick, is still going!

Funnily enough, in the UK it has been a rather hot and sunny April which is a little out of the ordinary - long may it continue until October!! For my card I've used one of the toadstool images and coloured it with Promarkers. My intention was that it was going to be more red however I'd had a little more wine than I'd anticipated when I was colouring this!

The papers are scraps - hence the different shapes - which I am trying to use up from my large shoe box of bits and they are from Craft The Year Away cd from Funky Hand. I've added some random faux stitching to the edges plus some small brads.

It's going to be a shock to the system next week and having to work 5 days in a row! I have rather enjoyed the double bank holiday weekends!

  • Image: Tiddly Inks, coloured with Promarkers
  • Papers: Craft The Year Away from Funky Hand

7 comments:

  1. oh its gorgeous ruth and i love your little scraps of funky behind it, doodley stitching yummy too.Thank you for coming to play with the tiddly inkers this week!! have a fabby bank hols hun huge hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth - I completely agree with Lou - the background on this card is just AWESOME!! I LOVE your layout!!! Your coloring is also amazing!!

    Thanks, as always, for playing along with us this week at Tiddly Inks!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it...every little piece...wine always makes my coloring better too...hehe

    I think the colors are perfect as is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Awesome design and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation! Love your coloring of the Tiddly Fairy house!!! The stitching is really fun too! Thanks for joining us again this week Ruth!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! Love how you have used your scraps! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable card!!! you colourd the tiddly inks fairyhouse very beautifully. thanks for joining tiddly inks.

    greetings femke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!