Friday 18 September 2009

Tutorial - Make Your Own Flowers - part 2

Here is part 2 of a tutorial on how to make your own flowers!

Again I used the Candy Doodles cd and printed the backing papers on both sides of 100gsm glossy paper. You will also need a compass, scissors and pencil. Other embellishments and ink are optional. The flowers took around 30 minutes to make in total.

Firstly, I printed on two sheets of A4 - both sides were used and I printed at A5 setting.


I then cut 4 different sized circles from the paper.

And then roughly ripped 4 more different sized circles from the paper (I used a compass as a guide to the shape).

From the first set of circles, I made a small cut around the edge, creating a fringe.


For the second set of circles, I followed the same method, but used the ripping technique.

I then inked all the edges.


Next, I layered all the roughly torn circles to create a flower, fluffing out the petals. I then layered all the neatly cut circles.

I added seed beads to the centre of one flower and mixed flat back gems to the other, although you could add what ever you wanted.




And finally!! Yes I did have a bit of a roll making these flowers! Again, using Candy Doodles, I printed the black and white polka dots on one side and the pale pink on the reverse of another sheet of A4 100gsm glossy paper.


I then cut two sets of 5 different sized circles by using a compass (I simply guessed the sizes rather than measuring - its easier and quicker!)

Randomly, I cut a 'v' shape all around the edges of each circle - this creates petals.
I then gently curled back each petal on each flower to create a 3d effect.


The flowers were layered alternating between black / white and pink to create two full flowers.

The centres then had a pale pink button added and I threaded a very thin strip of off cut paper through the centre holes and tied it.

This was then added to the center of the flower.

And that's it - really simple and quick to make! Here are all the flowers I made through the two tutorials


Hope you enjoyed them!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers, fab tutorial, thank you
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing I will have a go at that :O) Have linked this on my blog too - it really does need to be shared !

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing these tutorials, the flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!