Monday 7 September 2009

I Should Concentrate More!

I'm just about on time with the current challenge sketch from the wonderful Carol! I've just been caught up with lots of other things (making up party bags, wrapping pass the parcels - who said kids parties were easy?!) so this sort of went by the wayside. However, an early start on Sunday made sure I got to grips with the sketch!

I've used printed papers from It's Funky Too (I'm pretty sure it is!) which I have lightly inked and then doodled a line around. The red card is from my stash. The image is Dustin Pike which I have coloured with my trusty Tesco felt tips and a little white gel pen - the clouds got the glitter glue treatment!

The sentiment stamp is from my stash and I cut the number 4 with my Sizzix Round-a-Bout alphabet dies. I'm fairly organised with this card as its is for a friends little boy who will be 4 at the end of the month - we were both pregnant at the same time and work together too!


So why should I concentrate more? Well, I'd completed the card and then came to open it out, and realised I'd stuck it all on upside down...... so had to trim it down and stick it all on another card blank.... in my defense, I was up rather early and was only on my second cup of tea!
  • Backing papers: It's Funky Too from Funky Hand
  • Image: Dustin Pike, coloured with felt tips and white gel pen
  • Sentiment: Stamp unknown from my stash
  • Dies: Sizzix Round-a-Bout alphabet dies

3 comments:

  1. It's fabulous Ruth! the papers look great and you are making such good use fo those Tesco felt tips....Great card :)
    Thanks for joining my sketch challenge this time.....i've just finished designing the new one ready for Wednesday....back to the new word books now!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card Ruth....love that cute image and thank goodness there is another dopey crafter out there...I do this all the time....hugs kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great take on the sketch, fab dragon
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!