Monday 21 September 2009

Recycled Alien

Now it's been a long long while since I entered a Funky Fairy challenge. I've been looking over the last few weeks but just never managed the time to get anything done. BUT! I have managed this weeks challenge which is a:

Recycle Challenge

Now I am all for recycling old stuff - usually bits of ribbon or buttons or stuff from other cards etc, so I thought this one would be easy. Well it was!

My inspiration came from a slight computer hiccup at work on Friday. My lovely / useless computer decided to have a little time out and shut down. It takes an age to restart as it is on a shared network, so whilst it was getting its act together, I had a little clear out on my desk. I found a presentation that had been bound with a sheet of textured navy blue card - so that gave me the inspiration for this card!

I've used papers from Boys and Girls (the boys bit obviously!) and the stars originally were Christmas tags so I've covered them with the Funky Fairy paper, inked the edges and then doodled a thin black line around the edges. The navy blue recycled card has got a doodled white gel pen line around the edges too.

The alien is from my stash - I've added wobbly eyes and chalked him a little. The sentiment is handwritten with the white gel pen as my stamping was not good!

I've got a thing for doing boys cards at the moment but with fab papers like this - long may it reign!

  • Blue card: Recycled from a presentation
  • Printed papers: Girls and Boys download from Funky Fairy
  • Stars: Christmas tags covered
  • Die cut: From my stash

7 comments:

  1. Fab card, love the cute alien! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Cape Town.
    I like the card - thanks for sharing.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, love the way you used the paper. Thanks for joining us at Funky Fairys. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just gorgeous ,, I thought it was a frog tho ,, alien ?? whatever it is it is fabulous ! I love the papers you used everything about it is brill ! It's my hubby's B'day tomorrow ,, wish I had made this !! :-)

    thanks for joining the Funky Fairys Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card love the recycling and great LO with the alien.

    Thanks for joining us this week at FFC.

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!