Wednesday 23 September 2009

Glitzy Sixty

The CRAFT Challenge this week is a colour combination of:

Pink and Brown

It's my Mum's Birthday early in October and I am trying to be organised so decided to make this card for her. No guesses for how old she will be!

The word book is taken from Funky Daze - there are two word books on the cd - one for females and one for males and it just so happened that the female one was pink and brown colourways! I've printed it all off onto white 220gsm card and it's been printed as per the default.

I've added pink and brown organza ribbon to the 'bound' edge with a pearl topped hat pin with seed beads for extra detail. The flowers are from a lovely pack given to me by the fab and talented Jozza and I've added some Woodware brown buttons to the centres.

The silver bow charms I got from somewhere - don't know where as I found them in my stash (in fact I found quite a few charms that I'd forgotten I had so I think I'll be using more of them on my creations in the future!) The charms are tied on with thin satin brown ribbon.

I've added silver seed beads for highlighting around the edges of the letters. I'm thinking that it looks a bit too glitzy but it sort of works. Well, I've not got time to make another one so it will have to work! The pink heart button I found in my stash too.
I hope my Mum will like it although I don't think she'll be thanking me for plastering her age all over it!
I've got another two cards to make for my Mum - requests from family members, so I'd better crack on with those now!
  • Word book papers & template: Funky Daze by Funky Hand
  • Flowers: From Jozza
  • Brown Buttons: Woodware
  • Everything else: My stash

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck.

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous wordbook, lovely detail in it, thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck!

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is gorgeous ruth...Mum will be delighted and definitely one for the FH gallery....love all the beading....big hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design, love all your little details. Thank you so much for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
    Hugs
    Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card such lovely extra detailing! I have my Dad's 70th to do this week!!Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!