Saturday 26 September 2009

My First Year

The Digital Ink Challenge this week is a recipe:

Two designer papers plus 3 brads / buttons or eyelets

I've been making something for a while (and I hope she doesn't see this just yet!) but this is the front cover - the remainder of the pages are almost finished - once they are I will share it with you.

Anyway, it's part of a first year book for a baby boy who is due any day.

The image is a wonderful freebie download from Dawn Moore - Lost in Paper Scraps and it is such a lovely image that I've used it a number of times. It's been coloured with watercolour pencils. The papers are Funky Hand - V Funky, which I have cornered the edges and then doodled a fine black line around the edges.


The buttons are from my stash and I've threaded some pale blue organza ribbon through the holes. The sentiment is computer generated and I've inked the edges and drawn a fine black line around them too.
I'm really pleased with how the First Year Book is coming along and I've managed to use my Nesties too!
  • Backing paper: V Funky from Funky Hand
  • Image: Dawn Moore - Lost In Paper Scraps, coloured with watercolour pencils
  • Sentiment: Computer generated
  • Everything else: My stash

5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!
    Love it that you are gifting someone with your creations.
    Thanks for playing at D-ICo this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Stopped by to see what you created with the challenge at DI-Co. It's adorable, whoever is on the receiving end of this is gonna love it..Thank you for playing with our challenge this week..Hope to see you in the weeks to come..
    Hugs
    Stitchy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my..rofl.. Doesn't get much cuter than this!! Great card hun, and ty so much for being in our challenge. Good Luck to you!!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is such a great card and love Dawn's stuff. Great job! And thanks for joining us this week at Digital-Ink :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card. Love th e giraffe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!