Thursday 24 September 2009

A Slightly Scuffed Wallace and Gromit


And I've used the selection of Wallace and Gromit items in this months Let's Make Cards. As a rule I don't buy these type of magazines as the kits can be a little ropey, but I do struggle to make male cards and I do like Wallace and Gromit, so I made an exception and bought the magazine.

The backing papers are DCWV Retro 6 x 6 pad and the chocolate brown satin ribbon is left over from the Wedding Stationery that I made during the summer. And the three chipboard elements are from the magazine kit.
Now I'm actually quite impressed with the quality of the kit and there are loads of chipboard elements and other bits (the card blanks are a little dodgy but I can use them for layering) however, this was soured when I looked closer at one of the chipboard sheets and noticed a fairly large printing flaw:
Not in one but two places on the sheet, rendering two of the images unusable. Now, I'm not generally one to complain, but on this occasion I am doing. I'm going to send an email to the editor to point out my displeasure and when I get a response I'll share it with you!


But, despite this, great little kit!
  • Backing papers: DCWV Retro 6 x 6 stack
  • Chipboard elements: Wallace and Gromit kit from Let's Make Cards
  • Ribbon: From my stash

3 comments:

  1. Great card I love W & G!
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card I love the W&G image thanks so much for joining us at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Ruth, sorry to see that not all of your kit was perfect :0(
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!